On the 25th March 2011, Cisco Systems announced Communications Manager Express version 8.6. CUCME 8.6 runs on their Integrated Services Router (ISR) platforms and provides sophisticated telephony support for small to medium sized offices.
Version 8.6 is the latest version of what used to be called IOS Telephony Services (ITS). This release adds a number of new features and services including:
- Support for iphone and iphone touch softphone client (providing telephony over WiFi)
- Extension mobility support for SIP phones
- Increased number of rules per translation rule (goes from 15 to 100)
- Support for 7926 wireless phone (wireless handset with barcode scanner)
- Support for native SSL VPN connections from some handset types including 7945,7965 and 7975
CUCME 8.6 doesn’t seem to be posted on CCO yet, so we’re not certain which version of IOS it will be aligned to. As soon as we have this information, we’ll post back here. Any queries, please either post a comment here, or contact us via the main www.intrinsic-comms.co.uk web site.
Update: CUCME 8.6 is aligned to IOS version 15.1(4)M.